Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Judging – April 3-4, 2023
The NC Fine Wines Competition is recognized as the toughest wine competition in the country. All of our judges are at least Level 3 Advanced Sommeliers; judges taste blind; no discussion during judging; and judges notes & scores are shared with vineyards.
By entering wines in the North Carolina Fine Wines Competition, Entrant attests and agrees to all of the following:
(1) Wines are made from grapes that are 100% North Carolina grown and vinified. Winery production records will be provided to Fine Wines of NC for verification, upon request;
(2) Grapes are Vinifera or Hybrid;
(3) Minimum production of 25 cases.
(4) Agricultural ingredients used in making the wine, such as oak, spirits, tannins, etc., are not required to be grown/produced in North Carolina.
(5) Spirits added to fortified wine must be neutral.
(6) Entrant agrees to release any wine that wins an award for sale to the public (Retail or Wholesale);
(7) Your entrance into the 2022 North Carolina Fine Wines Competition constitutes a membership payment to join the Fine Wines of NC. $85 of your first entry will be applied to your initial or renewal membership fee.
(8) Fine Wines of NC is permitted to collect and use all data submitted by Entrant in connection with the 2022 North Carolina Fine Wines Competition; Medal winners will be announced on Enofileonline.com, the North Carolina Fine Wines web page and other social media.
(9) Fine Wines of NC, the 2022 North Carolina Fine Wines Competition, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, volunteers, and any sponsor of the same (“Indemnified Parties”) shall not be responsible for any losses due to the theft or damage of any wines entered into the 2022 North Carolina Fine Wines Competition by fire, accident, vandalism or other causes. The Entrant expressly waives and releases any claim or demand that it may have against any of the indemnified parties by reason of any damage to, or loss of, any wine entered in the 2022 North Carolina Fine Wines Competition.
Dessert/ Port (Vinifera, Hybrid or Blend)
Red & White Hybrids
Red (Vinifera, Hybrid, or Blend)
Rose (Vinifera, Hybrid or Blend)
Sparkling (Vinifera, Hybrid or Blend)
White (Vinifera, Hybrid, or Blend)
Per Entry Fee – $85.00 (offline/online)
For each entry, two (2) 750ml bottles OR two (2) 375ml bottles of dessert wine.
All entries must be entered & paid for no later than March 27, 2023