Per Entry Fee - $10.00 (Amateurs)
Per Entry Fee - $10.00 (Young Chef Per Category) - Competitors aged 12-17 may only enter as a competitor in the Young Chef category but may serve as an assistant with an adult competitor in other Amateur categories.
Per Entry Fee - $15.00 (Professional Per Category)
Competitors may enter in up to 4 categories.
Apr 24,2021 12:00am - Apr 24,2021 11:59pm
Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Championship
338 N Iowa Street
Dodgeville, WI 53533
REGISTRATION FOR COMPETITION BEGINS FEBRUARY 1, 2021
Each heat can hold up to 20 competitors. Once capacity has been reached, a waiting list for competitors will be created. Each competitor will be allowed to enter only one sandwich per category in a maximum of 4 categories for the entire competition. Young Chef Competitors aged 12-17 may only enter in the Young Chef category but may serve as assistants with an adult competitor in other categories.
Amateur Competitor is a person who engages in cooking as a past-time rather than as a profession.
Young Chef Competitor is a person aged 12-17 who engages in cooking as a past-time rather than as a profession (note: Young Chef competitors must be accompanied by an adult during the competition).
Professional Competitor is a person who engages in cooking as part of their profession or is an expert with specialized knowledge in culinary arts and in which one is practicing professionally.
- There are a total of four judges for each heat in the Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Championship.
- The 2 sandwiches, the competitor is required to grill for each category entered, will be presented to the judges to sample and critique presentation.
- Each sandwich entry can score up to 40 points per judge for a total of 160 points possible.
- The sandwich with the highest points awarded by the judges will be declared the winner of that category.
- In case of a tie, a cook-off will be held.
- Sandwiches determined by judges or the floor monitor to be non-compliant (e.g., fails to use required ingredients or in required proportions, failure to follow sanitary requirements, etc.) will be disqualified.
- Points will be awarded by the judges based upon the following criteria:
- Presentation 10 points possible
- Taste 20 points possible
- Style 10 points possible
Amateur-Classic: 11:00-11:15 am
Professional-Classic: 11:30-11:45 am
Amateur-Classic Plus One: 12:00-12:15 am
Professional-Classic Plus One: 12:30-12:45 am
Young Chefs (open sandwich category): 1:00-1:15 pm
Amateur-Classic Plus Extras: 1:30-1:45 pm
Professional-Classic Plus Extras: 2:00-2:15 pm
Amateur-Classic Dessert: 2:30-2:45 pm
Professional-Classic Dessert: 3:00-3:15 pm