A recognition award does not signify an entry placed in a NHC Table. It is a recognition of an entry’s quality in relation to the style guidelines and not towards the competing entries within that category.
Competition Certificates - Entries advancing to the final table of the entry’s respected table are awarded digital certificates for their excellence and great achievement in the competition.
Gold Medal –a world-class beer that accurately exemplifies the specified style, displaying the proper balance of taste, aroma, and appearance.
Silver medal –an excellent beer that may vary slightly from style parameters while maintaining close adherence to the style and displaying excellent taste, aroma, and appearance.
Bronze medal –a fine example of the style that may vary slightly from style parameters while still displaying quality taste, aroma, and appearance.
*Each entry that wins a medal will receive one medal. Additional medals may be acquired by the entrants.
June 19th - Awards Ceremony
NHC Awards Ceremony at Homebrew Con. The complete winners list will be posted after the Awards Ceremony concludes.
Apr 26,2021 12:00am - May 2,2021 11:59pm
With uncertainty forecasted for 2021, we are doing everything we can to ensure NHC happens. After all, if you’re like us, you’ve probably been brewing more than ever. And the judges in your quarantine bubble might be suffering from palate fatigue.
Our dedication is this: We will bring you the our best effort on NHC ever. Here’s how we plan to do that.
- In 2021, there will be no first and final round format. The competition will be a one-site location only and all entries will be judged from the AHA’s refrigerated warehouse in Colorado.
- This September, many of us at the AHA helped execute the safe judging of nearly 9,000 entries at the Great American Beer Festival® with no COVID-19 transmission. And we learned from them. We will be using what we learned to run the NHC using the Great American Beer Festival competition model.
- We want to get you the best judging experience ever, so we’ll be partnering with Great American Beer Festival and BJCP certified judges.
- We typically judge about 1,300 entries for the NHC Final Round. This year, we’ll be ready to judge upwards of 5,000 entries.
- Release the 2021 Rules & Regulations in December so everyone may prepare.
Gold Recognition–Earned by entries scoring 38-50 points in the First Round.
Silver Recognition–Earned by entries scoring 30-37 points in the First Round.
Bronze Recognition–Earned by entries scoring 25-29 points in the First Round.
All entries must be received during the shipping window at the designated shipping location. This information is shown on your Entry Labels, in the Rules & Regulations, and in your Brewer Profile.
COMPETITON SHIPPING ADDRESS
587 S. Taylor Avenue
Louisville, CO 80027
*Mandatory to use official barcode shipping labels
**Deliveries allowed Mon-Fri | 8:00 am –5:00 pm