1. Appearance is Essential – Food presentation is an art…Culinary Art.
– Start plating the food in the center of the dish and work outward, this will keep the food centered
– Fill no more than two-thirds of the plate with food
Take images of the dish to upload, if the rules ask for an image
2. Name the Dish – An ingenious dish name just might get the judges’ attention.
– Look to the ingredients for ideas
– Perhaps an old family favorite name with a twist
– What about a special occasion as inspiration
Descriptive words that capture the sensation of your dish will impress.
3. Taste – Try the recipe out on friends and family. Get feedback and refine.
4. Due Diligence – Inspire people to want to try your cooking recipe.
– Look at food sections of food magazines
– Look at food blogs and study past winners
– Stay up-to-date on nutrition, ethnic cuisines, ingredients and seasonings
– Don’t’ use hard-to-find ingredients
Many Happy Winnings!