One winner will be chosen for a cash prize of $50 be featured in an online cookbook distributed to thousands of people through fightbac.org! Each category winner will be entered into the Grand Prize selection pool.
Qualified judges will choose a Grand Prize winner who will receive:
A total $100 cash prize
Feature in the safe recipes online cookbook
AND see their winning recipe developed into a professionally-produced recipe video in English and Spanish
To be eligible for the contest, your submitted recipe must meet all of the following criteria:
• Recipes must be a main course that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less
• Recipes must incorporate all necessary steps from the Safe Recipe Style Guide
• Recipes must include a high-resolution (300 PPI) image of the completed recipe
• Recipes must be the original work of the entrant
• Recipes should use ingredients readily available in most grocery stores across the United States all year
• Individuals are limited to two (2) entries.
Who Can Enter?
To enter the Safe Recipe Contest, you must be a U.S. resident and eligible in one of these four categories:
• BAC Fighters – Health and Food Safety Educators, Nutrition Educators, Dietitians, Teachers or Cooperative Extension agents
• Food Writers/Bloggers – You must have an active blog or social media platform where you promote/post recipes.
• Kids – Any youth ages 5 to 17. You must have a parent/guardian permission to enter.
• Employees of Food Retailers and Grocery Stores – Your employer must be a member of the Food Industry Association (FMI) or National Grocers Association (NGA).