– To recognize exceptional culinary skills of school nutrition professionals in Georgia.
– To enhance the quality of school food.
– To develop and provide tested standardized recipes that is acceptable to our customers – students, administration, teachers, and parents.
– To recognize Georgia Grown commodities as a leader in industry
It is recommended that each category include at least ONE Georgia Grown product and/or commodity (up to 3 may be used), such as: Poultry, beef, pork, peanuts, pecans, blueberries, peaches, soybean, Vidalia/sweet onion, sweet corn, watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, or eggs to name a few.
Contestants at the district and state level may only enter in ONE category.
Judging will be conducted at the district and state competition by those
– Knowledgeable in school food service and meal pattern regulations
– Knowledgeable in food production
First Place (Each Category) – $250.00 monetary award and certificate
Second Place (Each Category) – $175.00 monetary award and certificate
Third Place (Each Category) – $100.00 monetary award and certificate