Every year, Saltscapes magazine invites readers to enter a recipe contest. The theme for the 2022 edition is an East Coast Saltbox 3-Ingredient Challenge!
This year, we wanted to make the recipe contest especially easy for the cook. No need to get fancy or complex. What can you make that tastes delicious with a handful of all local ingredients?
Here is a list of our 2022 made/grown right here ingredients (you must include a minimum 3 of the following ingredients) and whatever other ingredients you wish in your recipe submission:
– Scallops (fresh or frozen)
– Microgreens and herbs (homegrown or local)
– Local wines: red, white, rosé, mead, ice wine
– Berries: strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, haskaps, gooseberries
– Table potatoes: red, white, yellow, blue-skinned
Winners will appear in the Feb/March 2023 edition of Saltscapes.