Competition – August 20, 2022
The Pepper Extravaganza was a homebrew competition that was connected to the annual Pepper Fest in Largo, Florida. It was held each year, along with many display booths of pepper plants, pepper food preparations, and other pepper-related stuff.
EVERY entry MUST use some sort of chili pepper in the brewing process – and at least one pepper variety (or varieties) must be specified. PLEASE – make sure your entry presents a chili pepper presence – heat, flavor, or both!
Bottles needed for each entry – 3
Per Entry Fee – $8.00
c/o Nelson Crowle
16021 Verbena St.
Brighton, CO 80602
Quirky Homebrew Supply
425 W. 115th Ave. #6
Northglenn, CO 80234
The Brew Hut
15120 E. Hampden Ave
Aurora, CO 80014
Medals will be given in the following categories (these categories may be rearranged or changed depending on entries received):
– Light/Amber Beer, Light-to-moderate pepper heat (Scoville<=5000 – no more than a Jalepeño)
– Dark Beer, Light-to-moderate pepper heat
– Mead/Cider, Light-to-moderate pepper heat
– Light/Amber Beer, Moderate-and-higher pepper heat (Scoville>5000 – hotter than a Jalepeño)
– Dark Beer, Moderate-and-higher pepper heat
– Mead/Cider, Moderate-and-higher pepper heat
The best of each of these categories will be judged to award the Best Of Show.