September 27, 2021 – Ages 18 and Up – Amateurs
Judging – Entries will be judged on taste, appearance, and ease of preparation.
– Your dish may have a maximum of six ingredients, excluding salt, pepper and water. Any or all of the ingredients may be convenience products (e.g., canned soup, cake mix, salad dressing, etc.).
– The total number of convenience ingredients may not exceed six products.
– The recipe for each entry must be included and typed on an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet of white paper. Contestant’s name, address, and phone number must be printed on back side of recipe.
– All recipes entered in the State Fair of Texas’ contest(s) become the property of State Fair and/or its contest sponsor(s). Recipes may be republished in the official State Fair of Texas Cookbook or on the State Fair’s or sponsor’s website and other communication channels.
– Must use U.S. standard measurements in recipe, use of metric system measurements are not acceptable.
Per Entry Fee – $2.00
Best of Show – $200.00
Blue 1st Place – $15.00
Red 2nd Place – $10.00
White 3rd Place – $5.00
Yellow Honorable Mention – Ribbon