October 4, 2021 – Ages 18 and Up – Amateurs
– Bring honey contest entry form with each entry to the registration table. Blank forms will be available. Online entry is not available.
– Photocopies accepted.
– Only one entry per category allowed per contestant.
– All honey must be produced by honey bees owned or managed by the contestant.
– There should be no identifying label or markers on the entry(s).
– Contest administrators will affix coded tabs to entries upon submission.
– Disposition of entries: All entries will be donated to Happy Hill Children’s Farm with the other honey from the Texas Beekeepers
Association Honey Booth in the Food & Fiber Pavilion.
“BLACK JAR HONEY” ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
– Entries must be submitted by a beekeeper and be pure unadulterated honey produced by his or her own bees.
– An “Entry” consists of one container of any style (8 ounces or more).
– Submit entry sample in a container without any identifying marks.
– None of the entries will be returned, but will be donated.
“POLISHED JAR HONEY” ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
– Submit extracted honey entries in one-pound Queenline glass jars.
– Contestants may only submit honey entries produced in their own apiary or by bees that they manage for honey production or pollination.
The Texas Beekeepers Association will conduct the black jar/polished jar honey contest during the State Fair of Texas located in the Competition Kitchen of the Creative Arts building inside Fair Park.
No Entry Fee
1st Place – Blue Ribbon
2nd Place – Red Ribbon
3rd Place – White Ribbon