Entries are limited to beers, meads, and ciders.
JUDGES AND JUDGING
All adjudication is conducted by BJCP certified adjudicators and is done in a double-blind format.
The adjudication follows the rules set forth by the BJCP and takes five factors into account:
Aroma (12 points),
Appearance (3 points),
Flavor (20 points),
Mouthfeel (5 points), and
Overall Impression (10 points).
There are fifty points possible in total.
Beers will be given a final rating of:
Outstanding (45-50 points),
Excellent (38-44 points),
Very Good (29-37 points),
Good (21-29 points),
Drinkable (14-20 points),
Problem (0-13 points).
Following the competition, score sheets and adjudicator feedback will be made available to breweries upon request.
Per Entry Fee – $85.00
Omni Interlocken Hotel
Attn: Denver International Beer Competition
500 Interlocken Blvd.
Broomfield, CO 80021
Note: All entry fees must be paid by 10/1/2021
IMPORTANT! REQUIRED ENTRY QUANTITIES
Ship this # of bottles/cans for the competition:
200 ml (7 oz) to 322 ml (10.9 oz.):16
323 ml (11 oz.) to 588 ml (19.9 oz.):12
589 ml (20 oz.) and higher:8
All awards are based on the score of each entry, with the exception of the Best in Show Award. The award types are as follows:
– Double Gold (Beers that are rated as outstanding by the BJCP Certified Adjudicators)
– Gold (Beers that are rated as excellent by the BJCP Certified Adjudicators)
– Silver (Beers that are rated as very good by the BJCP Certified Adjudicators)
– Bronze (Beers that are rated as good by the BJCP Certified Adjudicators)
– Best in Show (Top three scoring beers, top three ciders, and top three meads entered into the competition)
All award-winning breweries will receive a press package with awards won and publicity materials. Digital images of the awards, logos, and photos will also be sent. Additionally, a diecast medal will be sent to your brewery following the competition.