2021 Cake Expo – Sugar Art Competition & Runway Show
Jul 21, 2021
Per Entry Fee - $25.00 (non-refundable) — only 25 total entries will be accepted.Anyone, of any skill level, is invited to enter.
Jul 23,2021 12:00am - Jul 23,2021 11:59pm
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
1300 Houston Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
All entries must be submitted online. Registration closes July 21, 2021 (or sooner if maximum number of entries is reached.)
Friday, July 23, 2021 at 4:30PM
Entries must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All entries must have a Panther represented in them.
- Entries must be worn or used as an accessory for the “model” walking the catwalk.
- Must be at least 75% edible, the exception being the structure that is used for construction. More points will be awarded for a higher percentage of edible materials.All embellishments must be edible.
- All embellishments must be edible.Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- Any sugar medium is accepted for use as decoration.
- Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- All entries must be the sole work of the competitor.
- CAKE EXPO 2021 does not encourage, support or approve the use of copyrighted images in displays.
- All entries must be original work for this show. For the purposes of this show, original means the entry may not have been entered in any other contest or competition, including online; and photos of the entry may not have been previously posted online, including social media sites.
- Entries may not contain any personal or business identifying marks or advertisements, nor can these be displayed along with the entry, or in the entry description. Entries cannot have been completed in a class or as part of a class project or assignment.
- Entries must be of a tasteful nature. Entries of a vulgar or sexual nature will be disqualified.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of theme
- Quality and workmanship
- Overall Appearance
- Wearability and sturdiness during Runway Show.
A total of 10 points for each criterion may be earned for a total of 60 points from the judging panel.
Judges will have a preliminary look at the entries in the pre-show hold area to ensure they view the entry from all sides before it is modeled. Judging will also take place during the Runway Show.