- The Melbourne International Beer Competition medals will be awarded on a merit basis by a majority vote. The judges are instructed to grant no awards or medals when, in their opinion, the beers are not ones they would import, distribute, buy or sell in their businesses based on product and price category. Judges are asked to evaluate the beers in silence until all panel members have finished their evaluation and then open a discussion to reach a consensus. Judge votes are recorded by a MIBC staff moderator. If there is a significant difference among the judges’ votes, panelists are encouraged to reach a consensus and, if needed, seek counsel from the Head Judge Adam Levy.
- Award levels are Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Double Gold: Phenomenal Product (Must Be Unanimous Decision by Panelists)
- Gold: Buyers “Love” It
- Silver: Buyers “Like” It
- Bronze: Buyers would purchase it
- Double Gold award winners will be re-tasted by all panelists to establish which brands may be eligible to receive a ‘Best of Category’ endorsement in its pricing category
Oct 17,2020 12:00am - Oct 18,2020 11:59pm
917-338-0163 x 1 -OR- 201-747-7111
This year we are going VIRTUAL for the MIBC...we do not want to send commercial labeled bottles and cans to the judges.
- Please send us unmarked/blank bottles and cans with no commercial labels or designs
- Please add by marking or tape the 4 digit "SKU" assigned to your submission to each bottle or can
- If you are unable to send an unmarked bottle and can please notify us in advance so we can prepare
The Melbourne International Beer Competition brings together some of the top beer buyers in Australia and Asia to blind taste as if buying for their restaurants, bars and retail shops.
Beers are judged by category and actual price. This is a great opportunity for established and new brands to get in front of some of the worlds top buyers.
Liquor Logistics Pty Ltd.
C/O Melbourne International Beer Competition
Unit 1, 365 Plummer Street
Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207
TEL: 61 386521989